Friday, February 20, 2009

So far, So good...

It's taken a day to sink in, but my odds are increasing for the better. The test results yesterday had my HcG doubling in 48 hours (which is very good) and continuing to increase! So I am pretty excited about that. We're not out of the woods yet... but I find myself thinking of how to configure our rooms for a new baby in the house and how old Amelia will be when the baby is her age.

The results came in a shocking phone call - at first the nurse simply said the Dr. wanted to have me come in Monday for an ultrasound "so he can see what's going on down there". Nothing about my HcG levels or if things were headed in a positive direction. My heart sank, but I hung in there and asked her a few questions until I had the good news. When I got off the phone, I couldn't help myself but dropped to my knees thanking God and crying with relief at the same time. It's an odd feeling to cry from happiness.

My next test and ultrasound is this coming Monday. Please pray for us.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

YAY for doubling!!!! WOOT! Why the nurse would talk about looking "down there" instead of IMMEDIATELY giving you those wonderful numbers is beyond me. Congrats!

Kate said...

I'll admit that I don't know much about the numbers that you're talking about. (I'm kid-free, you see.) But what I do know about is the awful waiting for test results. In August of 2008 I was diagnosed with uterine cancer. I had my surgery in September. I also know a lot about prayer and the positive effects of it. SO...I'll be praying. I have a lot of time to do that, these days. :)