Thursday, November 13, 2008

I think Amelia can spell!

Tonight I went to the grocery store and we parked the van and all my nieces got out except for Amelia.  I was unbuckling Amelia and she started talking, gazing out the van door, saying numbers and letters slowly.  I thought it was kind of odd - she said the number 7, then R, then O, then W.  

I looked up to gather the girls... We had parked next to a sign that said ROW 7.  

I had no idea she was actually spelling something purposefully until I looked up and saw the sign!

Someone with a 2 year old will have to tell me if that's normal or not.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I think that's AWESOME! And I don't think it's abnormal but it is above average. Noah also recongizes letters by sight and some numbers and recites them. At his recent PAT mtg his educator said they look for that by age 3. So they are early and on track!