Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Here is what every military family knows... good news rumors are just rumors, and the bad news ones usually end up happening.

Not always, so I'm hoping that this time we break the tradition.

Rafe called me today to tell me that he'd heard from someone CONUS who works in MAG31 (the unit he was stationed with here prior to being pulled for an IA for one year and 4 months prior training elsewhere).... that they were planning on deploying when he got back. To Afghanistan. For ONE FREAKING YEAR.

Ok, first of all, HQ MAG31 never deploys. So that's a good sign, right? Or it could be a bad sign, and it's their turn to take the hit. Then Rafe just will be coming back, so he should get dwell time of one year, right? Only he's their lead Intel guy, and the IA billet was seperate, so he could very well have to go with them.

I should know in a few days. But I swear to you, if he has to leave again for one more year, I am going to personally write to Michelle Obama and see if she will really fight for military families.

Honestly, I just couldn't take it. I've taken a lot these past 5 years from both the military and outside sources and the personal tragedies in our lives; and I am about at the end of my rope and my strength and willingness to do it alone.

Oi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping a good thought that the rumor is wrong and Capt. Rafe will be stateside for awhile

Mandy said...

Oh man, I sure hope not. :( I always feel like I'm reading half foreign language in your military posts. Us civilians don't get all the abbreviations and terminology, but I hope it's just a horrible rumor. I couldn't hack it either.