Monday, February 13, 2012

Pulled Pork Taco Meat

Last week at our home group bible study, Charlie mentioned the best way to make pork for tacos.  The next day pork shoulder was on sale for 1.19 so I took it as a sign from God to make pulled pork.  ;)

I tried to remember what he said, but I'm sure I forgot a few steps.  I didn't have a slow cooker so as required, so I just put it in a Le Creuset pot and put it in my oven for about 5 hours on low instead while I ran appointments and errands.  Came back, pulled it out, saved the liquid and shredded the meat (got rid of all the fat).  Put it back in the pot with liquid, 2 jars of salsa plus some salsa we had made, tons of cumin, a finely minced onion and one whole bulb (not clove) of garlic, minced.  Along with some salt, stirred it all up and put it back in the oven for another hour or so.  It turned out great, but a tiny bit liquid-y (yes, I know) when we put it on tortillas.  Fabulous none the less.

Again, everyone liked it but Amelia.  She had a small bite of the meat and ended up eating fruit and cheese.


No comments: