Monday, January 18, 2010

Best Husband Ever

Yesterday I was more tired than I think I have ever been in my life. It's been the endless weeks of groundhog day and struggling to catch up with the basics. Rafe's been busy with EWS and a few other things with work. Amelia has been very high maintenance lately, wanting me to play with her every second. ALL of which is very understandable, but moment by moment, things just piled up and it seemed that sleep was many "must do" chores away (meals, Olivia's issues).

I was so tired I was slurring my words, and saying things that didn't match. I cooked an ear plug. I went to the commissary yesterday and today I found my eggs stored on the back porch. Why I thought that was a good idea, I have no clue!

So he took Amelia out for a "date" to Taco Bell, brought me home tacos and sent me to bed. I found out today he worked until 4 AM washing, drying, folding, hanging laundry; taking down the Christmas tree; washing 2 loads of dishes; cleaning the kitchen; organizing the tupperware cabinet; vacuuming the carpet; and I'm not sure what else but I've been discovering stuff all day long. He woke up at around 1030 am, sent me back to bed for a nap and worked on cleaning and organizing Mia's room and my room. I got up, made lunch, and he sent me back to bed again. I got up in time to make dinner, run an errand and go back to bed.

To put the magnitude of this in perspective, that just doesn't happen in this house. Before we had kids, that was my job; and he's been pretty much gone 3 out of the last 4 years for one job related reason or another - so when he's home we have family time instead of him having housework "chores".

All this, and he fed Olivia and took care of her all day too!

I feel like a new person and I can actually string a sentence together.

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
This was WAY better than jewelry or flowers. I love you, honey!

2 comments:

Growingtogether said...

That was so sweet/caring of him for you!! Have a beautiful day my friend!

Mandy said...

Ok seriously, what a guy! That is better than ANY gift money could ever buy. I'm so glad you got to catch up on much needed sleep and he got housework done to boot! And the best part is that you didn't have to ask. Thank you, Rafe!