Saturday, February 4, 2012

Caramelized Onion, Gorgonzola and Steak Pizza


I love Flat Out Bread for quickie pizzas.  They are quick and easy to make with the kids and my super fast lazy meal.  Amelia and her little buddies will grate the cheese and pick out their ingredients from the "pizza bar".   I gather a bunch of ingredients for toppings and set them in little bowls for them to choose from.  I'm sure it makes them feel all fancy, even though they only ever choose pepperoni and cheese!  They use a silicone basting/pastry brush to brush an open can of spaghetti sauce on the crust and then top it.  

Usually Amelia and Olivia will sit in front of the oven watching it cook - very cute to watch.

This one is all mama's... most of the toppings are for the adults anyway.  I keep crumbled gorgonzola in the freezer and just use it as needed.  Sometimes I make a big batch of caramelized onions and use them throughout the week in pizzas, sandwiches and other goodies.  And the steak was leftover!

1 comment:

Christina K said...

Ok I am loving all the food blog posts. I have not tried the flat out bread before. I will be adding it to my grocery list.