Thursday, October 2, 2008

"I've got a bracelet, too"

I don't know how many of you actually watched Obama utter these words, but if you did, and you still think that he is in any way a sincere individual who doesn't play act for the crowd, please email me. I've got an underwater basket weaving company I'd like to sell you.

One Marine's View

That link can explain it far better than I can. While the significance of him not even knowing the name of the guy on his bracelet might have gone over less educated heads, it was glaringly obvious to anyone in the military. Most people don't know that McCain has worn that for years, long before he ever mentioned it to anyone.

And since we're talking politics tonight, let me remind everyone that if you have to choose between a President with little to no experience and an enormously steep learning curve, and a Vice-President with little to no experience and a slightly less steep learning curve, it's obvious that you choose the VP. Especially when she's going to be the VP for a man who is notorious for wanting to take away some of the vast power Cheney was handed during the last 8 years. She will not be making policy decision, people. She'll be the best XO to his CO. We're not voting Palin vs Obama. We're voting McCain vs Obama. And I, for one, do not want his learning curve to take place on my shift.

No comments: