Friday, October 10, 2008

VOTE!!!

I hope everyone is registered to vote. This presidential election will change the country, one way or the other. For me, personally, knowing what I know about how Obama feels about the military and his plans for our future engagements; the fact that he truly knows next to nothing about how our military operates and why what we're doing now shouldn't be dependent on public polls and the opinions of people who make their decisions based on sound bites, terrifies me.

My husband will live or die by his misguided decisions and his desire to hold "kumbaya" talks while holding hands with the enemy.

If you are not registered to vote, please don't tell me. I won't be kind about your laziness and total lack of responsibility to the way your country operates and I certainly won't have any patience when I hear you complain about how things are going. As far as I'm concerned, you lose your rights to whine about the government when you don't participate in the process when you have a chance.

No one person or party is perfect, but you do have the burden of choosing the individual you feel is best suited for the office. Hopefully you are also doing your research and not just regurgitating what you hear in the evening news. Know what issues are really important in the big picture, not just your immediate concerns. Presidents have long term impact.

As for me and my house, we're voting McCain. It will be good to have a president in the White House who has actually served, and a president and vice-president who have children in the military. It's been a very, very long time since we could say that about a ticket.


No comments: