Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Amelia and her art

A few months ago, Mia's art teacher told me in an aside that while she wasn't supposed to have favorites, she really had a soft spot in her heart for Amelia in her class.  She told me that she actually had to work on not calling on Amelia first because she was always so eager to do exactly what the teacher asked and with much enthusiasm, and that she was actually an excellent artist.  In our house, we have a corner of our kitchen set up as her "craft table" - parts of which have since expanded to shelving elsewhere to hold her supplies.  She's always creating something out of the materials around her, constantly surprising us.   

Recently, in an order to begin to tame the art monster that threatens to overtake our available storage, I decided to start photographing her art and keeping it that way (takes up SO much less space).  In the process of photographing this (and your eyes aren't deceiving you - she created everything backwards): 



I discovered THIS:

I'm not sure what it means.  And I'm even less sure I want to ask.  

On the other hand, I was quite impressed with her cleverness.  Until I took the photo and looked
 on camera, there was no way to tell that there was a figure in the clay/playdough.

Probably screaming to get out.  :)

No comments: