Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More on the baby food...

Yesterday I made roasted carrots and parsnips, forgot the ginger, but Livie loves them today. 

I also made a "loaded baked potato" - 2 heads cauliflower, 1 head broccoli and about 8 small baked potatoes mashed without the skins.  Pureed the veggies and then mixed it all together with some (GASP) velveeta cheese.  Hey, I'm all about using up what I have in the fridge.  I should have used cheddar cheese but I didn't have any and didn't feel like running to the store.  I didn't have time to put in ice cube trays last night, and this morning it was a bit stiff and very hard to spoon into the trays cold.  I have a 21" pastry bag left over from my culinary days so I just put it all in the bag and piped it into the trays.  It took less than a minute!

So today for lunch she had a cube of the potato mix, a cube of the carrots and parsnips, and some pureed blueberry applesauce.  It seems sort of strange to me that my daughter who will eventually eat everything is getting a wider variety of foods to try than my first daughter, who is now quite picky about food.  I knew better, I knew I should have exposed Mia to more stuff when she was a baby... oh well.  The crazy thing is that Amelia likes soft shell crab, smoked salmon/capers/cream cheese bagels, and shrimp.  The stuff she does like is expensive!

No comments: