Sunday, September 21, 2008

Car Troubles

My brakes are squeaking. I had new brakes put on right after Rafe left for deployment, and they squeaked right away. I called Sears, and they told me brakes always squeak when they are new.

Fast forward to this past week, when a neighbor re-arranged the car seats for Noah and Mimi (which is what Noah calls Amelia). He told me that my brakes shouldn't squeak after 3000 miles. Hmm.

The base gave me a recommendation for a local mechanic that I could trust. This mechanic was awesome - he looked at my car for 2 1/2 hours, checked everything out, changed my oil, started to rotate my tires and noticed some more issues from the brake job/tire rotation that Sears did, wrote it all up, offered to talk to Sears for me and then....

charged me $29.50. I kid you not. So ladies in Parris Island, go to "MyTech Automotive" by Laurel Bay. You will not regret it. This guy knows his stuff.

Tomorrow I'm taking it to the local Mazda dealer (authorized by Sears) and having the original problems fixed.

Once again, I am SO TIRED of taking care of all this stuff. I'm also so glad my dad was here and I was laid up in bed when my battery died and my dad fixed that for me.

I need a rent-a-husband.

No comments: