Monday, September 1, 2008

Hurricane Hanna

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

If you like watching hurricanes, this is a fun site. However, if you are like us and live where hurricanes hit, this is an ESSENTIAL site. I've evacuated from Hurricane Ivan, and been through 3 small hurricanes/tropical storms. I'll be monitoring this one closely; it looks like we will be evacuating from here on Wednesday unless the path of the storm changes. We live in South Carolina, right next to the Georgia border... as in... half an hour drive. Our house is actually on the edge of Parris Island... as in... the water is a block away.

So we're packing up and heading out. Not sure where we are going yet - normally we would head to Meridian, MS and stay at the airbase there, but it's all booked up from Hurricane Gustav. We're still looking for decent places within a day's drive that will take dogs - I have a "hurricane buddy" that I'm evacuating with - a neighbor with 2 dogs and a 2 year old. My mom is still with me and helping me with Amelia and with the packing.

The fun never ends around here.

See you in a few days.

No comments: