Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Crunchy Lunch!

Amelia and I have a lot of fun cooking together. This past week, I taught her how to clean pomegranates to get the seeds. She thought she was being very sly by sneaking a few seeds into her mouth as she cleaned!! But since it was going to be for her snack anyway, I let her eat away.

Today we had a PBJ, and I had put some pomegranate seeds into her sandwich as a surprise. When she crunched them, it made her laugh - which made me laugh - which made her laugh. She kept saying, "Pop!" (for the seeds popping in her mouth).

Then I tried it on MY sandwich.

I don't know who had more fun eating lunch - Mia or myself. They pop in your mouth like a healthy version of fizzy candy and they come at unexpected places in the sandwich. The tartness of the pomegranate plays really well with the peanut butter and the jam. We're definately doing this one again! I was surprised at how delicious they taste.

By the way, BARB, I can never write surpriZe on this blog now without thinking of you. I had no idea I had been spelling it wrong all these years!! :) That's what you get when you don't ever use spell check, I guess. :))

No comments: