Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"I sing-in!"

Sometime in the past 2 weeks, Amelia has discovered that if the bathtub water is high enough, she can float. At first she was content to scoot along the bottom of the tub a little easier, still sitting up.

I filled up the tub a little too high one night on accident, and she ended up on her belly, floating and scooting along that way. We'd been reading a bedtime story about dolphins a lot at night, so she would swim along, grinning at me and exclaiming - "Daw-fin, Mommy!! I daw-fin!" I keep telling her that when Daddy comes home, he will teach her how to swim and take her to swim lessons.

In the meantime, she's discovered a lot of fun things to do in the water. Last night and tonight she would lay her head in the water on one side, and then sing or talk, and laugh, and say "ears!". At first I couldn't figure out what she was doing (duh!! I'm so slow). I finally realized she was listening to the different sounds her voice makes under water. About halfway through tonight, she started saying "POP!" in the middle of singing, until we were both laughing so hard that I fell off my little bath stool. "I sing-in, Mommy!! I sing-in!"

And it's the best song I've ever heard :)

No comments: