Friday, October 31, 2008

Rafe

Every once in a while, Rafe will call and start saying something to me that I can't understand, and at first I always think it's static on the line and his words are garbled. Then I realize he's speaking Arabic. Apparently he's saying some pretty romantic things in Arabic (or at least that's what HE says! haha). Today he told me... Hiyati, Gulbi, Ahaybech, I know I left a word or two out... It was fun this time because I recognized some words he was saying from when I took a class in arabic in college. I briefly learned to read and write some limited arabic and understand a bit of it (none of which I remember now except how to write my name and a few terms of endearment)

Now if I could just get him to say, "أنا أريد أن يغسل أطباق ونظّفت منزل [فروم نوو ون"

or....
أنت تجلس ويسترخي, أنا سيطبخ عشاء

Either one of those would find me fainting dead away with joy and excitement!
Hee hee hee hee....

(I will do dishes and clean house from now on)
(You sit there and relax, I will cook dinner)

No comments: