Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Taking care of business

Being deployed is an odd mixture of extreme and practical reality. I thought this was a good example in an email from Rafe... talking about his mission in one breath and financial housekeeping details in the next. Normally, Rafe has a seperate account for his own stuff, but he usually doesn't need it when he deploys and we use that money to pay bills. The guys often live in two worlds at once, which is why it's so important that the family they leave behind is trustworthy and proactive in taking care of business.


I should have email access for the next couple of weeks although I will be moving to two new locations in the mean time, but then we are moving somewhere I never thought we would go.

Please do not take all the money out of my account yet. I might need it to get a SPAWAR phone card. I can use that card to use their phones when other phones are broken (like the AT&T phones are right now).

No comments: