Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Day!

Today is beautiful here! Yesterday was a great day. It started off kind of sad; as I am ovulating and Rafe is in the field - one more missed chance for a baby. The MC is definitely not helpful in our quest for another baby. But I was able to spend time with some lovely ladies in the neighborhood; went on a walk with them and saw some brand new cocker spaniel puppies for the girls to play with (Mia and her new friend, Olivia). We spent some time with another little boy in the neighborhood (Steven) and his mom gave me some eggplant plants and some dinner!! I am so blessed. I turned in some moving paperwork, worked on the house, and today my dryer is fixed!!! Now I can wash clothes again. It turned out to be $113 for... are you ready? The repairman to remove lint from the outside vent. Yep, you heard right. Apparently when they built these houses, they put wire mesh over the outside vent to prevent critters from bunking with you at night by coming up through the vent. Squirrels, birds, etc. But they never took them off. The repairman told me he has been out here many times doing exactly the same thing for the new houses after people move in. So... I'm going to turn my bill into housing and request reimbursement. It has not ever been done; but I'm going to try. Wish me luck!

No comments: