Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Books

“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture
every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense
of the beautiful implanted in the human soul.” --Johann Wolfgang Goethe


When Rafe is gone, I will read a little bit in bed at night before I go to sleep to relax. I love to read - you can learn anything in the world you want to by reading. I think college is great, but I always joke around and tell Rafe that I saved a lot of money by never going to college because the professor's job is to tell you what to read, talk about what you've read, and then test you on what you've read.

Last night I skimmed through:
"Turning Hurts into Halos" by Robert Schuller
"Parenting without Perfection - Being a Kingdom Influence in a Toxic World" by David John Seel, Jr.
"Good Night, Sleep Tight: The Sleep Lady's Gentle Guide to helping your child go to sleep, stay asleep, and wake up happy" by Kim West with Joanne Kenen

I highly recommend the Sleep Lady. She's awesome.

Now I need to read the instructions on this blog so I can figure out how to undo my italics and only keep them for the quote. I keep hitting the "i" but nothing changes.







No comments: