Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Rainy Day


This is the view from our window. It's gray and rainy today, so I've been reading while Amelia is down for her nap.
I read "I'm a mom! Now what?" by Su Laurent, MD. It was ok, but it reminds me of a dumbed down "What to Expect During the Toddler Years" I did get a new recipe for play-dough out of it, but that was it.
I started "How to Behave So Your Toddler Will Too". It's EXCELLENT so far. It's going in my personal library. It really focuses on something that a child psychologist once told me - she felt she wasn't very effective in her job unless the whole family came in for counseling. More often than not, it was the parents who needed the counseling and then their children behaved better. We are truly teachers of our children, and they will behave just like we do. Amelia definately makes me strive to be a better human being on a daily basis.

No comments: