Friday, January 23, 2009

Closing Gitmo

At least one congressperson so far has stepped up and nobly offered his district as a place to house the
detainees
...
"Sure, I'd take 'em," said [Pennsylvania's Rep. Jack]
Murtha, an outspoken critic of the Iraq war. "They're no more dangerous in my
district than in Guantanamo."

What an idiot. I'm thinking I should start a seperate blog for my rants on the new political climate. I don't feel any safer with Obama as president. I mentioned to someone today about what a careless decision it was to close it in a year. This individual replied, "Is it? Obama knows exactly what he's doing".... and as I thought about it, it became chilling.

No birth certificate. No security clearance. Close Gitmo. Seriously restrict gun rights. Pull troops out of Iraq way too early to finish stabilization (how long did it take for the US to finally get civilized? Wild West anyone?). Create a paramilitary to "take the pressure off our armed forces" answerable to him. Run for a third term.

Do you think I'm making this stuff up? I wish I was. Do the research. There's more, but I'll stop for now.

No comments: