Monday, January 26, 2009

On his way!!

Rafe is at his first stop. He has to wait a day or two for another aircraft to fly him from there to his second stop. I can't believe it's almost here! We tore off another ring today in our "homecoming train" as Amelia calls it.

She is getting really excited. She is going around the house, pointing out his stuff and saying, "Daddy's??". I assure her it's Daddy's; and she talks about all the stuff they will do together when he gets home. Apparently killing a bug is one of them. A girl after mom's own heart!

If you are dependents of the military member, you can meet them at the gate with a pass from the airlines when they are coming home. So as soon as we know what US airlines he gets on, we will be getting our pass to meet him at the gate. I don't even want to wait to see him at the Baggage claim!! I'm getting teary eyed just thinking about seeing him again. I hope I hold it together while we are waiting there for him to show up.

1 comment:

KatieJohnson said...

Go Get that Bug! Ah the things you do with your daddy. I send much love your way. Give him smuches m for me!