Friday, January 16, 2009

Shopping at the Exchange

There is an Exchange on this base - basically a small department store with name brand items. While you can definitely save a lot of money if you are a name brand shopper, in general you can get items much cheaper at Walmart. Obviously not the same quality, but still.

Every once in a while I go in there with Amelia to window shop when she gets a little stir crazy and it's rainy or cold outside. I went in there this week and found a two drawer nightstand, very nice...original price 129$ on sale for 29$. I noticed it had a bit of paint chipped off and I asked if that was why the price was so low. It turned out to be a closeout piece and they took even more money off! It's white and girly and perfect for Amelia. I needed something but I hate paying full price for anything, or even half price for that matter.

As I was walking out, I saw a bunch of purses on sale, half off. All name brands, but the only one I really recognized was Coach. I took a peek and about fell over. These purses were normally in the 200-300 dollar range and up! Who buys those things? I asked the lady at the counter and she said they were just selling last years styles, that people buy them there all the time. Holy Moly. Even at half off they were way too expensive. Then she told me that sometimes they mark them off 75%. Amazing.

No comments: