Saturday, January 24, 2009

It's getting closer!

I opened my email and found this:
I depart here really late tomorrow evening. It is all just as well since the late departure will help me readjust my body clock to my true home(you).

I love my husband! I would tell you the 4 cities he has to fly to in order to get home, but I'd have to kill you after I told you. He will be home sometime in the next 3-5 days. YIPPEEEEE!!

Yesterday he was able to sit down and look at the blog again for the first time in a while. He told me it was one of the best things I could have done for his deployment. Rafe said that as he sat reading, he was no longer in Iraq, but at home with us, with his extended family, and the desert just disappeared. He couldn't stop smiling as he read through all of our holiday adventures. So I know I posted a LOT for January, but those hours and hours of work were worth it.

No comments: